It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our millions of monthly active users. With a mission to redefine the world's relationship with money by making it more relatable, instantly available and universally accessible, at Cash App you'll have the opportunity to make a real-world impact with your career.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. We've held the #1 spot in finance on the App Store for more than three years. Built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic money app that includes Banking, Stock & Bitcoin Investing, Lending, Tax Filing, and more with over 49 million active monthly users (as of Nov 2022). Cash app leads financial innovation, and continuing in that tradition we are launching a new financial product into the Cash App ecosystem.
We believe engineering management is a craft worthy of mastery, and we’re looking for an engineering leader who shares our passion for building impactful teams, products, and businesses.
- Partner closely with product managers, designers, engineers, and business leads to define your team’s vision and roadmap
- Lead and participate in technical, design, and product discussions with leaders across the organization
- Champion technical excellence and ensure quality as the number of products grow
- Build an outstanding team by hiring amazing talent, coaching engineers, fostering pragmatic engineering decision-making, and applying your technical expertise to constantly raise the bar
- Lead structure and process changes to ensure teams scale effectively with minimal overhead
- Foster ownership, inclusiveness, accountability, pragmatism, and urgency in the team
We value Engineering Managers who:
- Have 2+ years experience in leading teams of engineers, in both a technical and people management capacity.
- Have 8+ years experience working on complex systems and delivering quality software.
- Lead with a people-first approach, can lead a conversation rather than dictate it, and are empathetic to dissenting viewpoints.
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset, boundless curiosity, and are driven by what they don’t know and thrive in ambiguous environments.
- Have a history of healthy collaboration with product managers, engineers, and other engineering managers on developing roadmaps and executing against them
- Excel at building world class engineering teams that are highly-functional, collaborative and inclusive.
- Build strong relationships with counterparts, both internally and externally, including finance, business operations and risk operations.
- Experience building scalable infrastructure
- Eagerness to share your ideas, and openness to those of others
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
Technologies we use and teach (you don’t need to have experience using these):
- Java, Kotlin
- HTTP, JSON, gRPC, Protocol Buffers
- OkHttp, Jetty, JUnit, Guice
- Hibernate, MySQL, DynamoDB
- Kafka, events, microservices
- DataDog, Prometheus, SignalFx
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
Zone B: USD $211,600 - USD $258,600
Zone C: USD $200,500 - USD $245,100
Zone D: USD $189,400 - USD $231,400
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits Include The Following
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
The information provided on this website does not constitute investment advice, financial advice, trading advice, or any other sort of advice and you should not treat any of the website's content as such. Crypteligence.com does not recommend that any cryptocurrency should be bought, sold, or held by you. Do conduct your own due diligence and consult your financial advisor before making any investment decisions.