Our Blockchain team is looking for Staff Software Engineers to join our growing team. We take pride in continuous innovation, high performance, effective mentoring/coaching, multi-disciplinary collaboration and the authentic application of lean/agile methods. The Blockchain team is responsible for scaling current and new blockchain integrations as well as managing our blockchain nodes and infrastructure.
Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today's financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky - supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we're rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today's financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you'll get to:
* Design and implement high quality software from concept through to launch - taking ownership of design, coding, testing and deployment of key proprietary software components of our tokenized commodities platforms
* Integrate with multiple blockchains and develop a deep understanding for the underlying technologies
* Scale transaction processing systems to service millions of customers
* Provide a common interface to interact with blockchain services to the rest of the company
* Develop distributed microservices in Go
* Apply engineering best-practices including unit and integration testing, source code version control, agile planning/estimation
* Effectively resolve ambiguity, analyzing complex requirements and breaking down features and initiatives into tactical tasks
* Effectively navigate the trade-offs among MVP vs Enterprise-Grade, Time-to-market and in other relevant dimensions
* Search for the truth in product conceptualization and development, ensuring designs and implementations are fully aligned with the company mission and product goals
* Immerse yourself in blockchain technology, cryptocurrency for enterprises and investors, our regulation-first approach, and more!
* Mim. of 10+ years software development experience in any one of the following languages: Golang, Kotlin, Rust, Java, C++
* Strong programming fundamentals (data structures, algorithms), design best practices, run time optimization
* Extensive experience with distributed systems, backend software development
* Technical expert in at least one domain like Blockchain (ideal) OR Cryptography, AWS
Great to have:
* Domain expertise in one blockchain related concept such as Smart Contracts, consensus algorithms, signing cryptography, or the varied nuances between different chains.
* Solid understanding of concepts like load balancing, HA/failover, ingress, inter-service communications in a microservices style cluster, ACID, guaranteed delivery, etc.
* Can understand and articulate the architecture of an entire system, including the technical trade-offs between different design implementations of high performance, low latency order state management
* Familiar with digital-native online web application architectures and infrastructures, including clustering (Kubernetes), containerizing (Docker), message queuing (MQ / Kafka), telemetry/instrumentation (Prometheus/Grafana), etc.
* Familiar with APIs / Connectivity technologies, REST API or sockets, TCP, UDP, multicast
* Eager to work openly and collaboratively with a diverse multi-disciplinary team, collaborating effectively with stakeholders
* Constantly seeks to learn new technologies, innovate and discover better ways to solve engineering challenges of high performance trading systems and APIs, including performance tuning, latency optimizations and constant new development of APIs
What you'll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been recognized on the Forbes Fintech 50, CB Insights Blockchain 50 and Built In's "Best Places to Work" lists. Paxonians have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a quarterly stipend for development, a stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!
* Web 3.0 Is Still the Place to Be
* A Conversation with Paxos Product Leaders
* Paxos Raises $300M in Series D Funding at 2.4B Valuation
* Paxos & PayPal Bring Crypto to Millions of Users
* Mercado Libre Reaches 1M+ Users in 60 Days With Paxos
* Paxos Was Built to Protect its Customers
* CNBC Crypto World Interviews Paxos CEO on USDP stablecoin
* Paxos CEO Charles Cascarilla's Perspectives on the Current State of the Global Economy
* Yahoo Finance Interviews Paxos CEO on Testimony to U.S. Congress and Stablecoin Infrastructure
Our Paxos team is made up of passionate people from all over the world with different perspectives and experiences. If this opportunity excites you, but your experience doesn't perfectly match the description…apply! Unique voices help us build a more transparent and open economy.
The information provided on this website does not constitute investment advice, financial advice, trading advice, or any other sort of advice and you should not treat any of the website's content as such. Crypteligence.com does not recommend that any cryptocurrency should be bought, sold, or held by you. Do conduct your own due diligence and consult your financial advisor before making any investment decisions.